Begg Shoes & Bags
Shoes Online | Delivery Information
For any orders made on the Begg Shoes & Bags website we have local and international delivery options available. For UK deliveries, please continue reading below, for international delivery options please click here: INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY.
UK (Mainland & Islands) & NORTHERN IRELAND
In summary, there are 4 different delivery options for when you decide to buy shoes online. For more info on each please read more below:
1. Click & Collect – Collect your order for FREE from our stores
2. Standard Delivery – FREE on orders > £50 - £2.95 on orders < £50
3. 1st Class Delivery - £4.95 / item
4. Special Delivery - £8.95 / item
If you have selected one of our delivery methods you can track your item using the Royal Mail Track & Trace Facility using the tracking number which is emailed to you: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
Click & Collect
You can order handbags, purses and shoes online and Collect your goods for FREE from any one of our eight stores throughout Scotland. Please use the Store Locator to find out where your nearest stores is. We have shops from Perth (in the South) all the way North to Shetland. Our shops therefore cover a large geographical area in Scotland!
To place a Click & Collect order all you need to do is change the shipping method at checkout to the relevant branch followed by the words "Click & Collect" (eg. Inverurie – Begg Shoes & Bags – Click & Collect), then proceed with your order. Please make sure you provide a working telephone number and email so we can contact you when your order is ready to collect.
The delivery time may be as little as 30 minutes if your shoes are already in your chosen store of collection. If not they may take 2-3 working days to arrive. A member of staff at the relevant shop will phone / email to let you know your order is ready for collection.
Standard Delivery - 48 hours
There is no delivery charge for any order that exceeds £50 in value. Should the order not exceed £50 in value, a delivery charge of £2.95 will be applied to your order.
The Standard delivery will usually take two working days following dispatch to arrive at destination. As an illustration, if an order is submitted before 2pm on Monday, the shoes should therefore arrive with you on Wednesday (or at the latest Thursday) of that week (in a scenario without bank/public holidays).
1st Class Delivery – 24 hours
1st Class Delivery is available for a delivery charge of £4.95 per pair of shoes / handbag.
Using this 1st Class delivery service Royal Mail quotes "95% of deliveries will arrive the next day". As an illustration, if an order is submitted before 2pm on Monday, the shoes should therefore arrive with you on Tuesday (or at the latest Wednesday) of that week (in a scenario without bank/public holidays).
Special Delivery – Guaranteed Next Day
Using this Special Delivery service Royal Mail guarantees delivery by 1pm the next day (provided we receive the order by 12pm on any given working day, Monday to Friday). Saturday and Sunday purchases will be shipped the following Monday for guaranteed Tuesday delivery. This service is available for a delivery charge of £8.95 per pair of shoes / handbag. It is an ideal delivery option for a last minute present!
Due to the remote location of some of our shops (Orkney & Shetland Isles) it is not always possible to send goods using a Next Day service (Special Delivery) as Royal Mail cannot guarantee the goods will meet the tight timescale. In this scenario, we will contact you immediately and will do our best to find a solution for you. We would normally either refund your order in full, or offer to refund you the difference between the Special Delivery fee and the 1st Class fee (being £4/item) and send the goods to you as quickly as physically possible.
We deliver to EU member countries and non-EU member countries in Europe.
The service is provided by Royal Mail and is "tracked & signed" and therefore requires a signature on delivery. Delivery will take approximately 7-10 working days from dispatch.
The cost of delivery is £7 per pair of shoes / handbag for all addresses within the EU. For addresses outwith the EU, the Rest of the World rates will apply.
Rest of the World
We also deliver outside Europe where Royal Mail’s international service allows. There are very few countries that we do not ship shoes to. We frequently dispatch shoes to Australia, New Zealand, USA, China and Japan (and many more). If you live in a country where you suspect delivery may be an issue, please do contact us and we will let you know ASAP.
Delivery is through Royal Mail (tracked & signed for) and usually takes 10-15 working days from dispatch to reach destination though some countries may take a little longer.
The cost of delivery is a flat rate of £10 per pair of shoes / handbag.
Please note that for deliveries outwith the UK and Northern Ireland any customs or import duties are levied once the package reaches its destination country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you may want to contact your local customs office for further information.
DELIVERY TERMS & INFORMATION
- Your chosen delivery method (& charge where applicable) will be automatically added at the checkout. You will receive an order confirmation at the time of placing your order, followed by another email when we have dispatched your order.
- Deliveries are normally made (by Royal Mail) Monday-Friday by 4pm (excluding Bank Holidays) and therefore the address given should accommodate this.
- All our Royal Mail deliveries include a proof-of-delivery service which requires a signature on delivery. This is for security and protection should a parcel go missing.
- Our normal dispatch period is within 1-2 working days. Orders received by 2pm Monday - Friday will usually be dispatched on that same working day. If not, the next working day.
- Goods ordered at weekends or on bank holidays (not classed as working days) will be sent on the next day the Local Post Office is open.
- All deliveries are subject to stock availability and authorisation of your payment. If the goods ordered are out of stock or not available we will advise you by email and refund to your originally used card.
- Please note that we will make every effort to quality check all orders sent to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Once payment for your order is completed and goods dispatched, the postage charge is non-refundable.
- As we are not simply an online warehouse operation, our shoes that you see online are also available to buy in-store. It is therefore possible that shoes sent may have been tried on (with pop-socks) or may have sale labels attached to the footbed. The sale labels are a practical necessity in "bricks & mortar" retailing and can be easily removed.
- We reserve the right to refuse to fulfil multiple orders from the same customer.
- Should orders not be received within a maximum of 7 working days you must notify Begg Shoes & Bags immediately. Claims for lost goods will be pursued after 14 working days from dispatch.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order and not deliver to non-cardholder addresses.
- For orders of more than 1 item goods may be dispatched separately and at different times from various different locations.
- We will not provide a subsequent free delivery for items returned to us by Royal Mail as uncollected. If in this event you wish a refund we will deduct any postage costs from the refund (see below). Customers still wishing to receive such an order must contact us to arrange payment for the second delivery charge.
'COMING SOON' Delivery Information
You can purchase an item that is currently out of stock but that Begg Shoes & Bags have placed a future order for and anticipate receiving into stock within the next few months. We believe this is a great way of giving our customers a “sneak preview” of what is coming in soon and also a chance to secure your favourite styles before they are sold out! All items that are available for pre-order are visible to you in the “COMING SOON” section of the site.
When a pre-order is made the order will be paid for by you at the time of purchase, with notification of when the item is expected to be delivered by email. This delivery date shown is the expected date Begg Shoes & Bags will receive the item however this is not guaranteed and is dependent on our supplier. If a supplier cancels or fails to deliver the shoes to us, we will of course refund your order immediately.
You will be notified by email when the item is to be dispatched, once we have received the stock. In the unlikely event there are any problems we will get in touch as soon as possible via telephone or email.