Begg Shoes & Bags
How can I return my order?
There are 3 options:
- Collect+ Return
- Post Office / Courier
- Return to Store
Please read below for more information on each method.
Return by Post:
1. Collect+ Return
We are now able to offer Collect+ Returns to customers which makes returns far more simple and convenient. The Collect+ procedure is detailed below and costs a flat rate of £4.49/parcel. To read more about our Collect+ Returns service please click here
- The first step is to establish where the nearest Collect+ Store is to you. Use the Collect+ Store Locator function https://www.collectplus.co.uk/store_locator and type in your postcode in the ‘Find a store’ search bar at the top of the page.
You will then need to purchase a Collect+ Returns label for £4.49. The Collect+ Returns label you need to purchase will depend on the returns address printed on your BeggShoes.com despatch note. Please look at the despatch note you received with your shoes and select from the 8 address options below.
- 104 High St, Elgin - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesElgin
- 28 Union St, Inverness - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesInverness
- 147&151 Commercial St, Lerwick - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesLerwick
- 26 Albert St, Kirkwall - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesKirkwall
- 24 Scott St, Perth - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesPerth
- 37 Market Place, Inverurie - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/BeggshoesInverurie
- 1 Queen St, Peterhead - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/ShoesatQSP
- 105 High St, Elgin - www.collectplus.co.uk/returns/new/Shoesat105
NB. We are not a typical online only warehouse operation. All the shoes you see online are available to buy within one of our stores. Shoes to be returned therefore need to go back to the store that they were sent from.
- Once you have established the correct returns address, simply follow the instructions on the Collect+ Website. They will need your order number and your email address. Once complete, print the Collect+ Label and attach the label to your parcel, ensuring any old delivery labels are removed or covered.
- Drop off your parcel in your chosen store, where you will be given a receipt with a tracking code. Please note, you must purchase and stick your returns label to your parcel before taking your parcel into a Collect+ Store. Collect+ will not accept responsibility for parcels handed into a store without a Collect+ Returns label.
2. Post Office / Courier
You are not required to use Collect+ to return your order to us. You may use a local Post Office or a Courier service if you wish. To return your shoes through a Post Office / Courier Service please follow the following instructions:
- A peel off Returns Label is provided (on the bottom right of your dispatch note) for use on your returns parcel.
- Enclose your dispatch note with your returned item(s), inside the original packaging. Goods cannot be returned without this information.
- Take your parcel to any Post Office/Courier depot. When returning items to us it is your responsibility to ensure that the items arrive safely. We cannot accept responsibility for items lost in the post therefore we would always recommend using recorded or special delivery or alternatively a courier, so that you are covered in the event of a missing parcel.
Goods should be returned to the shop from which the goods were dispatched. The address label of the relevant shop will be on your original dispatch note.
3. Return to Store
The simplest means of returning your order, if practically possible, would be to return it to one of our stores. Please see our Store Locator for address information and follow the instructions below if you wish to do so. We will be delighted to meet you in person and who knows, you may find an alternative size or style that you prefer to that originally ordered.
- Take your dispatch note with your item(s) to be returned, inside the original packaging, to your nearest store.
- Your return will be processed by a member of our Retail Team.
- Your refund will be processed via the web to the original credit/debit card used or alternatively can be refunded in-store. If the refund is to be processed in-store through a credit card machine, we will need to ensure that the refund proceeds are going back to the person that originally made the order (not necessarily the original card that was used). If this is not possible, we reserve the right to refund the order back onto the original card that was used for the transaction online through SagePay/Papal/Amazon.
Returns – Policy & Information
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase:
- We can only accept returns within 30 days of purchase in its original unworn condition. Once the goods are received we will refund the product price. We will not refund postage or any other associated costs of returning goods to us.
- We try to process refunds the day we receive your parcel but always within two working days. You will be advised by email as soon as the refund is applied.
- Proof of purchase is essential for all returns. Please enclose your dispatch note with your returned item(s), inside the original packaging. Goods cannot be returned without this information.
- All goods must be in original condition (scratches or grime inside or on soles will not be acceptable).
- Packaging must also be in good condition (e.g. box, labels, tissue and fillers). We reserve the right to impose a re-boxing charge (currently £7.00) for excessively damaged packaging or to refuse to accept the goods returned should we deem them unfit for re-sale.
- All insoles, shoe care and foot care products are non-returnable.
- If a promotional discount, such as an exclusive online discount, was applied to your original order and you return any part of that order, Begg Shoes reserves the right to withhold from any refund the amount of discount received, if the amended order no longer qualifies for that discount.
- If you wish to exchange your order for an alternative, please simply return the item as per instructions above and create a new order online for the item(s) you now prefer. This will be processed separately as a new order.
Returns – Further Information
Please read on below for information on the following returns scenarios.
- Faulty / Damaged Goods (unworn)
- Incorrect items ordered / received (unworn)
- Worn items
NB. These exclude the most common return scenario where the shoes are the incorrect size, do not fit or you have simply changed your mind. In this event, please simply follow the returns instructions above.
Faulty / Damaged Goods (unworn)
If you are concerned that a product we have supplied may be faulty / damaged and wish to return it to us for assessment please follow the guidelines below:
- In the first instance send us a picture ASAP of the faulty/damaged items so we can establish the nature of the problem and how we can resolve this for you.
- We will respond as soon as we can but always within 48 hours with advice on how best to proceed.
In most cases the following procedures & conditions will apply:
- Goods should be accompanied by your name and contact details, the order number and the date of purchase. (Please print and complete a returns form to accompany your goods.) This will allow us to refund you correctly.
- You must notify us of any product that you deem to be defective or not of satisfactory quality within 7 days from the date of delivery (being the date goods are signed for or collected from store).
- Full details of the perceived fault should be given in a brief letter/note and the goods returned to the Begg Shoes address detailed on the dispatch note.
- Please note that an investigation into faulty goods may take a little time to complete, however we will endeavour to process all investigations to a reasonable timescale.
- If the goods are found to have a fault we will replace, repair or refund the goods (at the sole discretion of Begg Shoes).
- As we are not simply an online warehouse operation, our shoes that you see online are also available to buy in-store. It is therefore possible that shoes sent may have been tried on (with pop-socks) or may have sale labels attached to the footbed. The sale labels are a practical necessity in “bricks & mortar” retailing and can be easily removed. Neither a sale ticket nor the fact the shoes may have been tried on in-store render the shoes faulty / damaged.
- We will refund any return shipping costs incurred by you, along with the costs of the goods for items which are defective and not being replaced or repaired.
- If you have been sent a damaged or incorrect item and wish a replacement we will endeavour to send you a replacement item of the same value at no extra cost.
- If the goods are found to not be faulty, the goods will be returned to you. Begg Shoes, subject to the UK Statutory Right of Cancellation, reserves the right to charge you for the costs incurred in dealing with goods that are found not to be faulty.
- We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from unreasonable wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, abnormal usage conditions, failure to follow our instruction, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our prior written approval.
- If you have signed for an item and then later realise that it has been damaged, you should return the item. Items should be securely packaged and any damage should be clearly indicated.
- If you do not want a replacement item for damaged goods or items sent incorrectly, or if there is not an appropriate replacement available, you will be given a full refund, including the delivery charges.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which you accepted when you placed your order.
Incorrect items ordered / received (unworn)
- If you have ordered the wrong item, you can of course return it to us at Begg Shoes. Even better, if you can contact us before the goods are dispatched we may be able to cancel the transaction and refund the order before it is sent.
- If you receive goods that you have incorrectly ordered and wish to obtain a replacement, we will require that you place a new order and we will refund the original order once the goods are received by us.
- Amounts to be refunded will take account of the rights of cancellation and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the customer is liable for the cost of returning goods to us except by prior arrangement with Begg Shoes (if we have made the error in sending the incorrect goods).
- If we have sent you an incorrect item, please return it to us as per instructions above. We will refund any postal charges that you incur sending incorrect items back to us, and will refund or replace the goods plus the original postage cost (where applicable).
If you wish to return your item(s), but for whatever reason it has been worn, please contact Begg Shoes or and take the goods back to a store convenient to you. We are experts in footwear and will be able to help in some way.
Please be advised that highly beaded or decorated trims on bags and shoes will become loose during normal wear and that this is not necessarily a manufacturing fault.
NB. None of our shoes are guaranteed waterproof unless this is stated in the product description or they are GORE-TEX or IMAC-TEX. Shoes with stitching and holes are not expected to keep the water out. As leather is a permeable material, all leather shoes will allow some degree of water penetration, unless protected by a membrane.
For any questions about your return, please contact Begg Shoes at:
Tel: 01463 239189 (Monday – Saturday 9am to 5:30pm)