That’s right, our team up in our Kirkwall shoe shop have done their course and have now become a WorldHost™ recognised Business for customer service excellence. WorldHost is aligned to our own policy of excellent customer service which we are constantly reinforcing to all staff. This the point of difference for us as a business delivering the best possible customer experience in all our shops.
Karen, Danielle & Jacob completed this training and have committed to excellent customer service by embedding the following principles in their shoe shop:
- To Give Fully: they commit to give all customers who visit their Kirkwall shoe shop their full attention, no what the job.
- To Respect Everyone: all visitors, customers & co-workers will be respected and they appreciate that all customers visiting their Begg Shoes shoe shop deserve excellent service no matter how much they spend as every customer is a valued one.
- To Empathise with Others: they have committed to using their empathetic listening skills to help their customers solve problems and to remember that some people may just need someone to listen to them.
- To Excell at their Job: they have committed to strive to excel at their jobs and to complete all tasks on time and to the best of their ability.
- Team Work: the have committed to supporting their fellow shop assistants so that they can do their job well too.
Garek, Fiona & Donald Begg regularly visit all their shoe shops doing refresher training with our sales staff and more intensive training during our bi annual managers meetings and so they are confident that the team at our Kirkwall shoe shop were already offering excellent customer service. It has now been officially recognize by WorldHost.
Not only have our 3 members of Begg Shoes staff completed this training but 52 members of Kirkwall BID have successfully completed World Host training. Orkney is working towards achieving World Host destination status – regarded as the gold standard in customer service. The scheme was used to prepare volunteers for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The tailored training course was a day long and was provided by Orkney College.