We are looking to recruit a self-motivated individual to help manage our Shoes at 105 Elgin store.
An interest in footwear and excellent customer service skills are essential. Retail experience and/or relevant qualifications are preferred. The role is well suited to a graduate seeking to develop a career in retail. Extensive training will be provided to the successful candidate. The Directors of the business are continually looking at opening more stores which will present further career progression opportunities for an ambitious and talented employee.
The major day-to-day duties of the this varied and stimulating role are:
1. Customer service, fitting and selling shoes - the candidate will benefit from extensive training from Qualified Shoe Fitters as well as becoming a Clarks trained fitter. Mr Begg will also assist with the development of knowledge with training sessions on the fitting of shoes. In time, the successful candidate may be put through Society of Shoefitting training making them one of very few Qualified Shoe Fitters in Scotland. Our knowledge and expertise is unrivalled in Scotland so if you want to work in a shoe shop then this is the place to be. A strong desire to help customers, cheerful disposition and positive attitude are requirements for this role.
2. Handling new stock arrivals direct from suppliers and also transfers between stores. This will include pair checking, scanning of stock into our EPOS system and adding to our stockroom. This part of the role demands an individual with attention to detail.
3. Stock control – ensuring stock is accurate and complete at all times is a really important aspect of the role.
4. Merchandising - assisting with window and interior display changes/preparation. We take great pride in our displays and have won several industry awards for them. A creative eye is a fantastic skill to have in this role though not essential.
5. Managing sales team – in absence of Manager, the Trainee Manager is required to delegate regular shop duties and ensure tasks carried out effectively whilst still leading by example.
6. HSE Management – working with Management to ensure full compliance with current HSE requirements.
7. Payroll – working with Office to finalise monthly payroll in absence of Manager.
8. Website – as the business continues to expand so the importance of the website increases; Trainee Manager’s are required to work closely with the Manager to develop systems and procedures to ensure despatches, returns, click and collect orders, customer complaints and enquiries are dealt with in an efficient and effective manner.
9. Customer Returns – our Trainee Manager should be able to handle customer returns in a prompt, understanding and professional manner, in line with our returns policy.
10. Cost control – work with Manager to minimise costs and maximise efficiency of the store.
11. Keyholder duties – opening & closing of store, cashing up, banking, recording hours etc.
If the role is of interest to you please apply online. Even better, feel free to drop into the Elgin store to collect an application form and meet the team.