Begg Shoes & Bags
Delivery and Returns
Our delivery and returns options for your country are below.
- Order by 2pm for same day despatch
- Deliveries can take up to 10 -15 working days
- Royal Mail Signed For delivery
- Tracking information available for most countries
Delivery to United States
Rest of the World
We also deliver outside Europe where Royal Mail’s international service allows. There are very few countries that we do not ship shoes to. We frequently dispatch shoes to Australia, New Zealand, USA, China and Japan (and many more). If you live in a country where you suspect delivery may be an issue, please do contact us and we will let you know ASAP.
Delivery is through Royal Mail (tracked & signed for) and usually takes 10-15 working days from dispatch to reach destination though some countries may take a little longer.
The cost of delivery is a flat rate of £10 per pair of shoes / handbag.
Please note that for deliveries outwith the UK and Northern Ireland any customs or import duties are levied once the package reaches its destination country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by the recipient. We have no control over these charges and cannot predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country; you may want to contact your local customs office for further information.
POST OFFICE / COURIER
- Use the returns on our delivery note to send back via your post office / courier.
Buyer pays return postage
Returns – Policy & Information
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase:
- We can only accept returns within 30 days of purchase in its original unworn condition. Once the goods are received we will refund the product price. We will not refund postage or any other associated costs of returning goods to us.
- We try to process refunds the day we receive your parcel but always within five working days. You will be advised by email as soon as the refund is applied.
- Proof of purchase is essential for all returns. Please enclose your dispatch note with your returned item(s), inside the original packaging. Goods cannot be returned without this information.
- All goods must be in original condition (scratches or grime inside or on soles will not be acceptable).
- Packaging must also be in good condition (e.g. box, labels, tissue and fillers). We reserve the right to impose a re-boxing charge (currently £7.00) for excessively damaged packaging or to refuse to accept the goods returned should we deem them unfit for re-sale.
- All insoles, shoe care and foot care products are non-returnable.
- If a promotional discount, such as an exclusive online discount, was applied to your original order and you return any part of that order, Begg Shoes reserves the right to withhold from any refund the amount of discount received, if the amended order no longer qualifies for that discount.
- If you wish to exchange your order for an alternative, please simply return the item as per instructions above and create a new order online for the item(s) you now prefer. This will be processed separately as a new order.
Returns – Further Information
Please read on below for information on the following returns scenarios.
- Faulty / Damaged Goods (unworn)
- Incorrect items ordered / received (unworn)
- Worn items
NB. These exclude the most common return scenario where the shoes are the incorrect size, do not fit or you have simply changed your mind. In this event, please simply follow the returns instructions above.
Faulty / Damaged Goods (unworn)
If you are concerned that a product we have supplied may be faulty / damaged and wish to return it to us for assessment please follow the guidelines below:
- In the first instance send us a picture ASAP of the faulty/damaged items so we can establish the nature of the problem and how we can resolve this for you.
- We will respond as soon as we can but always within 48 hours with advice on how best to proceed.
In most cases the following procedures & conditions will apply:
- Goods should be accompanied by your name and contact details, the order number and the date of purchase. (Please print and complete a returns form to accompany your goods.) This will allow us to refund you correctly.
- You must notify us of any product that you deem to be defective or not of satisfactory quality within 7 days from the date of delivery (being the date goods are signed for or collected from store).
- Full details of the perceived fault should be given in a brief letter/note and the goods returned to the Begg Shoes address detailed on the dispatch note.
- Please note that an investigation into faulty goods may take a little time to complete, however we will endeavour to process all investigations to a reasonable timescale.
- If the goods are found to have a fault we will replace, repair or refund the goods (at the sole discretion of Begg Shoes).
- As we are not simply an online warehouse operation, our shoes that you see online are also available to buy in-store. It is therefore possible that shoes sent may have been tried on (with pop-socks) or may have sale labels attached to the footbed. The sale labels are a practical necessity in “bricks & mortar” retailing and can be easily removed. Neither a sale ticket nor the fact the shoes may have been tried on in-store render the shoes faulty / damaged.
- We will refund any return shipping costs incurred by you, along with the costs of the goods for items which are defective and not being replaced or repaired.
- If you have been sent a damaged or incorrect item and wish a replacement we will endeavour to send you a replacement item of the same value at no extra cost.
- If the goods are found to not be faulty, the goods will be returned to you. Begg Shoes, subject to the UK Statutory Right of Cancellation, reserves the right to charge you for the costs incurred in dealing with goods that are found not to be faulty.
- We shall be under no liability in respect of any defect arising from unreasonable wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, abnormal usage conditions, failure to follow our instruction, misuse or alteration or repair of the ordered goods without our prior written approval.
- If you have signed for an item and then later realise that it has been damaged, you should return the item. Items should be securely packaged and any damage should be clearly indicated.
- If you do not want a replacement item for damaged goods or items sent incorrectly, or if there is not an appropriate replacement available, you will be given a full refund, including the delivery charges.
We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time but, in respect of any ordered goods, the terms and conditions which apply shall be those which you accepted when you placed your order.
Incorrect items ordered / received (unworn)
- If you have ordered the wrong item, you can of course return it to us at Begg Shoes. Even better, if you can contact us before the goods are dispatched we may be able to cancel the transaction and refund the order before it is sent.
- If you receive goods that you have incorrectly ordered and wish to obtain a replacement, we will require that you place a new order and we will refund the original order once the goods are received by us.
- Amounts to be refunded will take account of the rights of cancellation and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, the customer is liable for the cost of returning goods to us except by prior arrangement with Begg Shoes (if we have made the error in sending the incorrect goods).
- If we have sent you an incorrect item, please return it to us as per instructions above. We will refund any postal charges that you incur sending incorrect items back to us, and will refund or replace the goods plus the original postage cost (where applicable).
If you wish to return your item(s), but for whatever reason it has been worn, please contact Begg Shoes or and take the goods back to a store convenient to you. We are experts in footwear and will be able to help in some way.
Please be advised that highly beaded or decorated trims on bags and shoes will become loose during normal wear and that this is not necessarily a manufacturing fault.
NB. None of our shoes are guaranteed waterproof unless this is stated in the product description or they are GORE-TEX or IMAC-TEX. Shoes with stitching and holes are not expected to keep the water out. As leather is a permeable material, all leather shoes will allow some degree of water penetration, unless protected by a membrane.
For any questions about your return, please contact Begg Shoes at:
Tel: 01463 239189 (Monday – Saturday 9am to 5:30pm)